Monday, July 23, 2012

Birchbox and Glamour Subscription Box Review - July 2012 (Box 2 of 2)

birchbox glamour subscription box review

As I mentioned before,  I have two subscriptions to Birchbox because I love their samples and they typically have over 30 variations of each box, so I've only ever gotten the same box once. This is my second July box - it arrived a full two weeks after the first box - crazy!

The Box: Birchbox

The Cost: $10 a month including free shipping (Get a month free with a $110 annual subscription)

The Products: Deluxe and sometimes full size beauty and lifestyle items


birchbox glamour subscription box items review

Here's a break down of what's in the box:


Oscar de la Renta Live in Love perfume - Value $1.50

I'm not a perfume wearer, so I'll be putting this in the friend sample box.

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (3 packets) - Value $3

Would have loved a larger size, but these will come in handy for traveling.

Birchbox earbuds - Value?

birchbox july review laura geller lipstick

Laura Geller Double Dipped Lipstick in Caribbean Kiss - FULL SIZE - Value $17.50

If I wore lipstick, I would be thrilled about this. Laura Geller is a great brand, and this gives you essentially 3 shades in one, as you can combine the colors and customize.  I'll be giving this to a friend.




This was my favorite item in the box. It's a small sample, but enough for a week's worth of use. I received the full sized Stila One Step Bronze in my last box, and this is a very similar product, but with a more flattering color for my skin tone.


The Verdict: I definitely like the first box I received a lot more. Still, I can't complain! For $10 I received over $20 worth of product. Of the products I'll actually use the value is closer to $5, but I'll review the products and earn 50 pts ($5) to use at Birchbox on full size products. (Want to learn how to earn points from leaving feedback? Check out this TUTORIAL)

Looking for more beauty boxes? Check out the Beauty Subscription Box Directory!

Follow me for all the latest on subscription boxes: twitter  pinterest  bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment