Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sample Society / Beauty Bar Subscription Box Review - July

One of the reasons I love Sample Society is the fact that they consistently ship out the boxes at the very beginning of the month! (I hate waiting :) I've been a subscriber since the first box and they give out very deluxe size samples with the value always exceeding what I paid ($15 a month). I'm a fan!

The Box: Sample Society

The Cost: $15 a month including free shipping plus a subscription to Allure magazine.

The products: Deluxe (and sometimes full-size) high end beauty / skin care / hair samples. (Typically more skin care items).

Here's the break down with values:


Vincent Longo Dup Lip Pencil in Sangria and White Glimmer - FULL SIZE! - Value $26

I can tell this is a high quality item, but unfortunately the Sangria color goes on too dark for my skin tone. Any suggestions on how to use the white glimmer lip liner?

Borghese Tono Body Creme - 1 oz,  approx value $5.00

I love that this moisturizer works really well without being greasy. And it's a large sample size that will last a while - win!

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint - .17 oz, approx value $4.00

I got this in the bronzed shade. It's great if you are looking for a really light alternative to foundation for the summer. And it's oil free.

Vbeaute Eye Never Nourishing Repair Eye Cream - 1 ml - approx value $5.00

I've tried this for the past two nights, and like every other eye cream I've ever tried, I think it's nice but can't see any difference in my under eye area.

Sisley Hydra-Global Intense Anti Aging  Hydration - 4 ml - approx value $25.00

Wow, the full size of this is $250! I love the product, but it hasn't transformed my skin in a way that I can justify that price tag just yet. I think there's at least a week or two of uses in this sample, so I'll update if I find out this cream is indeed life-changing.


Verdict: I'm very happy with this box: The value is about $65 and I paid $15. I also will use most of the products and I'm already looking forward to the August box!

Looking for more beauty boxes? Check out the Beauty Subscription Box Directory!

Follow me for all the latest on subscription boxes: twitter  pinterest  bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment